• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Flat Beer ?

mterm

Brewer
Reaction score
Was reading through some old posts and had a thought. If you were to find that after bottling your beer and conditioning for 2 to 3 weeks  and prior to refrigerating you found little or no caronation could you open the bottles put in carbination tabs or priming sugar and let the beer condition for a few more weeks or just pour it down the sink.

The first thing I would do is give it more time.  For a variety of reasons the yeast count could be low and they simply require more time to build up there numbers.  Other factors could also be at play but I would wait at least couple more weeks and then, yes add your carbonation tabs and possibly a fresh shot of yeast.  You could also keg it and force carbonate it.  No guessing involved for the results of that method and what an excuse (for wifey) to purchase a new keg setup.

cheers, joe

I had one beer, granted a real big one, that took about 5-6 months to become properly carbonated.

Wait before any action.

Fred

I agree with the keg setup, force carbonating takes a lot of the guess work out and you get to enjoy your brew in a few days.
;D

bonjour said:
I had one beer, granted a real big one, that took about 5-6 months to become properly carbonated.

Wait before any action.

Fred

I agree you should wait. I have seen improvements in carbonation through 6 weeks. I know its hard to do, but just wait.

Cheers
Preston

Back