• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Nottingham dry yeast issues??

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Nottingham 11g dry yeast
Lot 1080360088V
Exp 08-2010
UPC 067031000218

Has anyone had any issues with Nottingham dry yeast?  My friend found news of a bad lot number on another forum, and this lot number above was a complete dud for me.  A second lot number is limping along now.

I am wondering if they are having a wider spread issue than realized? 

One of my goto yeasts and I haven't had a problem yet,

Fred

Hmm...
I have not had any issues either. I always keep a pack in the fridge, "Just in case".

I will keep an ear to the ground. Will see what turns up.

Cheers
Preston

We use this strain somewhat often. It has a lot of attributes that we like and starts fermenting with a bang within a few hours of pitching. I hope it's fine and returns to form soon.

I had a dud pack that I found out was of the recalled lot number. I hadn't used it and so swapped it for a new one that is still in my fridge. My friend just had success using a newer package though.

Notice to all.........Last week picked up a grain bill for a brown ale and when i went to get my trusty Nottingham I was informed that it was pulled off the shelf for just the aforementioned reason. Sluggish to dud fermentation. I went to safale for that batch. This week I returned for another bill and Nottingham was back due to a new shipment. LHBS informed me that all was well. Check with your LHBS to make sure they were aware of the recall.
Cheers

Back