• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I need a gadget idea in the boiler

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
My new IC chiller is big and heavy, so I don't think it would sit well on the 12" straight bazooka I've got.  I was going to use that in brews with lots of hops or esp. when I use plugs. 

Is there anything else I could put over the drain valve before filling with wort that would stay in place despite the stirring and the IC coming down into the keg?  The boiler/keg has a typical 1/2" nipple inside, on which I put a coupler to protect the threads.  Attached is a pic of the boiler.  Thanks.

Attachments

• KegBoiler.JPG
    KegBoiler.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 5
My ic sits cockeyed on my pickup right now.  I have seen guys build legs on their ICs to stabilize them, but I haven't worked that out.

My thought: Add the IC to the keggle, and then fit the bazooka through it. The IC is always in keggle and you don't have to worry about it. Just make sure you clean well after each batch.

Cheers
Preston

False bottom.  Make it a false bottom with pretty big holes that your screen will set underneath.  Something like a SS dish drying rack, cut up and rebent to give a little stand under the IC and keep it up off of the screen.

Sweet idea!  I have a s/s cookie cooling rack I had already stolen from wife.  Snip, snip. 

You could also move your pickup from the center to the side corner with an elbow going strait down to something like a bazooka T.  The will also help with whirlpooling and your IC could help in trapping the trubbies and coldbreak.

Mr. Malty has an additional twist for your IC as well.

http://www.mrmalty.com/chiller.php

cheers

Back