• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

re-installing BeerSmith?

Wildrover

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I re-formatted my computer yesterday.  I did what I think is the smart thing and back up beersmith and the installer onto a jump drive.  Now I'm trying to put it back onto the computer but am running into some problems.  I still have my BeerSmith Key too? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WR

Okay, I got BeerSmith back up and running but how do I re-install my recipes.  I have this fear that since i didn't back them up individually they may be gone  :'(  Good thing I have them all printed out and in my Notebook  :)

There should be a Recipe.bsm file in the beersmith folder. You should be able to double click it and it will open in BeerSmith. You can either copy them from the old file to your recipes folder or just replace the Newer Recipe.bsm with your original file.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Preston

Preston,

I went back in and looked at the jump drive and sure enough there was beersmith just sitting there (along with the millions of other files that make beersmith work) I opened it up and there were all my recipes.  So I simply moved them over to the newer copy of beersmith on my desktop so problem solved!!

thanks for the help

WR

At least you were smart enuf to back it up. I am now recipe-less (at least as far as my own go) due to the brain fart I had while re-formatting two days ago. At least I was able to "recall" with accuracy my last AG..... outstanding I might add...... AIPA. My tasters gave it a 48 - 50 out of the secondary to keg. We'll see soon.............

Starting over, and thanx Brian for getting my key to me (also lost)

Back