• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What is all that stuff on the top of my Wee Heavy?

Wildrover

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
It's been in the primary for two weeks now.  I was going to move it over to the secondary and get it ready for its short winter nap but when I popped the top I see what looks to be high kreausen?  What's up with that?  Gravity isn't moving much and all airlock acitivy is pretty much finished.  Well, the occasional bubble every now and again but its the exception, not the rule.  I took a big wiff and nothing smelled bad, very mellow actually so I don't think its infected, besides if it was I think I would still see more activity.

Any ideas on how to handle this one.  Is it 1.)  Still fermenting so just leave it be a bit longer, its a bigger beer so sometimes they need more time 2.)  Activity was such that there is left over CO2 propping up some suds, its not a big deal and you can move to secondary whenever 3.)  You probably have an infection and the beer is doomed 4.)  Since my airlock got clogged all that CO2 could escape and it frothed up some of the beer, its okay to move over now if you want 5.) something not mentioned in 1-3

Thanks

WR  

Back