Author Topic: Android?  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Scruffy

• BeerSmith New Brewer
Android?
« on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »
I have an HTC Magic phone. Is there anything planned for Android?

I can export as HTML etc, and this works fine - but a slick UI etc, what do i need to do to help make this work?

Cheers,

Scruffy.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Android?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
Scruffy,
  Not at the moment, though I am working towards a Linux port of BeerSmith.  However it would still require a substantial amount of work to resize everything for the small handheld screen.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Engbryg

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »
Untill Brad comes up with an Android feature, try out the new Brewzor (http://brewzor.com/)

Spoon

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
I just discovered Brewzor and it seems that there is a beta that will allow import of .XML pretty handy
:)

BlurryVision

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »
Brewzor is a very handy app, and is being worked on and updated weekly..  Even if we never saw a BeerSmith android app, I think that between these two developers we could get a very smooth transition with the export/import features to use our phones on brew day for changes and etc... 

The application has the ability to bring in "database" items such as hops/grains/yeast etc, and if it was linked correctly with beersmiths defaults this could help the average beersmith user to see simular results across the two platforms.

modification