• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lable making in Beer Smth

drp53188

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brad, back in 2005 i saw a post about making lables in the program did you ever get that up and running?
I keg all my beers and need to make tap handle lables, Thanks Don.

drp53188,

We don't know if this is still an issue with you. If you are still looking for a simple solution go to the Avery Dennison website. They offer free software and templates for their entire line of labels. The software is pretty darn capeable. We use it and their 6 up shipping labels for our bottles and kegs. Just be sure you use the reusable/removeable labels. The first round we did this wrong. I hated washing bottles before this screw up Boy did I hate it worse getting the non-removeable labels off the bottles.  The reusable/removeable seem like a natural for tap handles as they offer many sizes.

Just food for thought on a low cost solution.

Preston

@drp531888
I see they make Removable & Reposition-able. have you had experience with the reposition-able, it sounds like you may only get two chances?

Maybe I didn't use Avery label maker correctly but it was very frustrating for me.  I chose to use Serif's PagePlus Desktop Publishing software.  The older version is free but for $10 you can get one that does curved text etc.  I've created labels with it and much prefer it to the Avery software.  Maybe I'll download again and see if I can make it work.

Chas

Chas,

Sorry the freeware didn't work for you! We use all the time and it will definitely do curved text.  It is a bit frustrating a the different text boxes overlap. You have to move the top one to make a change in the lower one, but for the cost .... ::) What we like best is the ability to make a master then make six individual modification for each label on the sheet. You can then print anyone of the six on the sheet.

Anyway glad you found an acceptable solution!

Preston

Back