Author Topic: BeerSmith Inventory Items  (Read 4632 times)

daubon

BeerSmith Inventory Items
« on: December 13, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
Hello all,  I'm not sure where to post this question but I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help.  Using BeerSmith;  how do I get the items in a recipe to reduce the amount of that item in inventory?  

Thanks for your help

Pepe
Puerto Rico

Offline Rep

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: BeerSmith Inventory Items
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »
Hello all,  I'm not sure where to post this question but I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help.  Using BeerSmith;  how do I get the items in a recipe to reduce the amount of that item in inventory?  

Thanks for your help

Pepe
Puerto Rico

Personally, what I do is simply go in and make the adjustments post brew for each individual inventory item. 

There is though a, "Remove from Inventory" button in the recipe view window.  I think if you highlight your recipe ingredients and use this button it should work.  Test it out and play with it a bit.

Maybe somebody will chime in here?  Am I correct?  Does it really work?

daubon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »
Success! ;D  That's how it works.  Thanks Rep!

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »
And you don't have to highlight the recipe items; it pulls them out by itself. 

If you have an insufficient amount in inventory, it will reduce inventory down to zero.  It shows you what it could not deduct in a pop-up box.  Watch for mis-entered recipe items such as you put generic 2-row in the recipe, but your inventory had "2-row, Briess."

Offline Rep

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »
And you don't have to highlight the recipe items; it pulls them out by itself. 

Ouch, I ran a test prior to answering this post.  Now my inventory is screwed up and I can't remember which recipe I used to reduce my inventory.   :)

Oscar

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »
Hey Pepe,

I'm planning to move back to PR from the states. I would like to continue homebrewing, where do you get your ingredients? It seems that online stores either don't ship to Puertorro or shipping is too expensive.

Thanks,
Oscar

modification