• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

calories

nubru

Apprentice
Reaction score
Saw it somewhere cant find it now, how do you get the correct cal/pint Im always showing 43 my waist line belies that ,thanks for any ay input

nubru said:
Saw it somewhere cant find it now, how do you get the correct cal/pint Im always showing 43 my waist line belies that ,thanks for any ay input

You saw it in BeerSmith?  Somewhere on the internet?

In my version of Beersmith the calorie display is on the right hand side, half way down the page.

Jim fix had the solution for that.
He claimed that a five mile run was the best way to get rid of a hangover ( and the calories).

Sadly his liver was having a party without him and killed him with cholesterol.

My Doctor tells me that I can address the triglycerides in my blood not with running but with Weight training.
If I were eating lots of fat aerobics would be the solution but it's alcohol producing triglycerides.

Now if I can just get the missus to stop using my weight room as storage.

my fault didnt make myself clear,how do I have the program reflect the correct cal/pint for a given recipe thanks

The Actual ABV and the Calories fields calculate automatically from the "Measured OG and FG" fields that you enter. 

These fields are about two inches left and slightly up from the calories field. 

thanks maltliker so I must be having a problem with the program cause for a while it was showing 300 to 400 plus on the cal/pint as I make some big beers :-\

Hey!

For anyone interested. The formula is as follows:

Code:
cal per 12 oz beer = [(6.9 × ABW) + 4.0 × (RE - 0.1)] × FG × 3.55

ABW = Alcohol By Weight

Code:
ABW = 1018. - (277.4 × FG) + RI × [(937.8 × RI) - 1805.]

FG = Final Gravity
IG = Initial Gravity
RE = Real Extract

Code:
RE = (0.1808 × IG) + (0.8192 × FG)

etc, etc.

I know that's kind of annoying to do by hand. But it's probably good to know, impress your friends, etc.

--Chris

My Doctor  was concerned over my Triglycerides.
"It's all the booze doc." I says.
He says to do weight lifting to burn blood sugars.
Aerobics burn more fat than sugar

Back