Author Topic: BeerSmith Inventory question  (Read 4183 times)

ozzynelson

BeerSmith Inventory question
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »
Is there a way that I can tell if a recipe (or what portion of a recipe) has been removed from inventory. It seems like the way it works is that if I hit the remove from inventory button, everything that can be removed is and if there isn't enough of an ingredient in stock it throws an error message. I guess at this point I should manually adjust the inventory appropriately.
But sometimes I can't remember whether I hit the "Remove from Inventory" button. It seems like there should be a message saying, "you've already removed the ingredients for this recipe once, are you sure you want to do it again?"

Let me know if I am missing the boat on this thing.

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
Re: BeerSmith Inventory question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
I don't believe there is a "safety catch" and it will allow to delete stuff until there is nothing left to remove.

If I'm unsure, I review the recipe and my inventory and I can usually spot some ingredient that provides the clue, either in recipe and now at zero, or a unique amount in recipe that exactly matches inventory and needing to be removed. 

ozzynelson

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:56:20 AM »
That is what I thought. thanks
I will just note in the comments section from here on out that I have removed from inventory.

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
The other helpful practice is to keep 'future' recipes in one folder, and 'done' recipes in another.  After I remove the ingredients from inventory, I move that recipe to the 'done' folder.  Or you could use the 'lock' button after removing ingredients.  It's on the right side next to the Taste Rating field.