• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Inventory question

O

ozzynelson

Is there a way that I can tell if a recipe (or what portion of a recipe) has been removed from inventory. It seems like the way it works is that if I hit the remove from inventory button, everything that can be removed is and if there isn't enough of an ingredient in stock it throws an error message. I guess at this point I should manually adjust the inventory appropriately.
But sometimes I can't remember whether I hit the "Remove from Inventory" button. It seems like there should be a message saying, "you've already removed the ingredients for this recipe once, are you sure you want to do it again?"

Let me know if I am missing the boat on this thing.

I don't believe there is a "safety catch" and it will allow to delete stuff until there is nothing left to remove.

If I'm unsure, I review the recipe and my inventory and I can usually spot some ingredient that provides the clue, either in recipe and now at zero, or a unique amount in recipe that exactly matches inventory and needing to be removed. 

That is what I thought. thanks
I will just note in the comments section from here on out that I have removed from inventory.

The other helpful practice is to keep 'future' recipes in one folder, and 'done' recipes in another.  After I remove the ingredients from inventory, I move that recipe to the 'done' folder.  Or you could use the 'lock' button after removing ingredients.  It's on the right side next to the Taste Rating field.

Back