• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients don't show up in recipe page

HotbreakHotel

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been using BeerSmith for many months and it's worked perfectly.  Now all of a sudden when I pull up a recipe edit page the ingredients don't show up in the ingredients list box :'(  I know they're there because the text version that shows up when I highlight the recipe has all the correct ingredients.

If I try to compose a new recipe the ingredients still don't show up in the box although the SRM and OG adjust accordingly.  Very strange.  Any suggestions?

HotbreakHotel said:
I've been using BeerSmith for many months and it's worked perfectly.  Now all of a sudden when I pull up a recipe edit page the ingredients don't show up in the ingredients list box :'(  I know they're there because the text version that shows up when I highlight the recipe has all the correct ingredients.

If I try to compose a new recipe the ingredients still don't show up in the box although the SRM and OG adjust accordingly.  Very strange.  Any suggestions?

I would try to reinstall the software, however it may have something to do with Internet Exploder. Maybe Brad will have some ideas.

Cheers
Preston

Hi,

In most cases this is caused by a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where USERNAME is your login name for Vista.

If you delete the newopts14.opts directory there you should be in business. 

Let me know if you have continued problems!  So far we've had no one lose any data and I've been able to get everyone back up and running quickly.

This did work.  Thanks so much for the quick response -- I'm very impressed at Beersmith's support!!

Hi,
Sorry to did up an old thread but I've lost my ingredients list and can't find the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" file???

Please HELP!!!!  :'( :'(

John :)

Hi,
  Unless you installed it somewhere else is should be either under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)".  If that fails, try doing a search of your hard drive for BeerSmith.exe

Brad

Back