• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH KEGKITS

Broyler58

Apprentice
Reaction score
To my brewing buddies: beware of kegkits.  Bad customer service, bad product.

I'm having a bit of an issue with them atm.  I ordered a part from them 4 weeks ago and have gotten nothing but advertising emails from them since-- no word on the part I ordered.

They did say in their order confirmation email that they were overwhelmed and running way behind.  It would've been good to know that before I ordered, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I hope they get it all straightened out.  The more reputable suppliers out there, the better off we all are.

endubito said:
I'm having a bit of an issue with them atm.  I ordered a part from them 4 weeks ago and have gotten nothing but advertising emails from them since-- no word on the part I ordered.

They did say in their order confirmation email that they were overwhelmed and running way behind.  It would've been good to know that before I ordered, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I hope they get it all straightened out.  The more reputable suppliers out there, the better off we all are.

Suggestion- dispute the credit card charge, give it a while, then order from someone else. Kegkits is notorious.

here's my issue with them......ordered a corny keg the 2nd week of July, 2009.  On August 3 they charged my account.  On August 13 I wrote an email requesting a tracking number for the shipment.  No response.  On August 16th I wrote them again threatening to get the BBB of Alabama involved.  On August 18th they basically said they would ship it out when they got to it.  I finally received the keg the first week of September after a few more threatening emails.  The keg had a real bad smell.....like they did something to it to get even with me.  The keg ended up leaking and is worthless.

I have done business with KegKits for awhile not alot but little things. They have always been slow, I have even talked to the owner on two occasions, very nice gentlemen like, not really ever in any hurry.
With that being said we have ordered tap washers back in December, our account was charge the first week of January. We have not received the hardware ordered and our attempts to contact him, his store, shipping department have all failed. Could be the old guy had a heath issue or personal problem. At any rate we were forced to attempt a charge-back (lot of red tape).

Back