• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

LP regulator

K

k4141222

my plans are to make a single tier three burner
brew kitchen on wheels
i want to use three 10" banjo burns and would like to be able to run all three at high (not that i will need all at high at the same time) but just in case
what kind of REGULATOR and how many of them
i want to use one LP tank the kind that's on 99% of BBQ grills

k4141222,

Wow, thats a lot of gas! ;D  To find a regulator, you will have to know the total flow of propane you are going to regulate at a given pressure. With this info, you could purcase one online form any of the many suppliers of gas regulators.

A cheaper and possibly more local solution would be to find an RV parts supplier near you. Perhaps one of the large dual regulators they sell will have the capacity to supply your brew rack.

Good luck

Prston

I would at least use two tanks for the process. If you pull too much gas out of your tank at once it will freeze up. I would also use three high pressure regs (Red with green connectors, the black ones are made for low pressure applications,) with needle valves for control of the flames. If you can determine which burners you are going to be using less gas at the same time (So the tank does not freeze up and you lose pressure) you can use a tee right out of that lp tank to go to two regs. This would give you the greatest control over your each individual burners. RV regualtors only work at 1/2" PSI, 11"wc.

Back