• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to Modify existing recipe and keep the old

M

Mohawk_Brewing

:-[ Brad,
Sorry, but what is the best way to modify a recipe yet keep the original one in My Brews?

TIA
Ed

Ed,
 Sure!

Just select the recipe you want to keep, then Use the Copy command (Edit menu) followed by the Paste command.  This will create a copy of the recipe in the current folder, which then you can modify (or rename so you can tell them apart!).

You can also keep old recipes "as brewed" by just pressing the "Copy to Brew Log" - which creates a copy of the current recipe and puts it in your "Brew Log" folder.

Cheers!
Brad

;D I chose to use the Copy to brew log, for what I am doing now, that function works great.. I had gotten into brewing the same thing over and over I had forgotten some of the basics.. Now that I have time to do more expermential brews, I did not want to lose what was good..

Final question, when you do a big brew, 9% and above I want to add some bottling yeast and keep up with that.. do you suggest making up a recipe for the batch as an extract, or something else?

:-/

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking...

There is an option to add yeast to the secondary (if that is what you want).  You need to add the yeast first, then open it up and check the "Add to secondary" box.  It will then show up in the instructions for the secondary if you are using two yeasts for a single batch.

If that is not what you intended, just let me know.

Cheers!
Brad

Back