• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

data lost, need help

T

tdfoste

So, I had my computer stolen last week out of my apartment (I live in China) and I have a couple of batches almost ready to bottle.  Unfortunately, I can't get a new PC for another couple of weeks.  So, why am I posting this here?  Well, I have lost access to Beersmith!  Can someone look on their Beersmith system and tell me carbonation information for:
Oktoberfest/Marzen
Oatmeal Stout

What I need is the amount of WHITE TABLE sugar to add (per 5 gallon) batch for carbonation for each style.  Beersmith gives a range of carbonation levels for each style and the amount needed of CORN sugar, I believe.  This range would work too, although I'll be using the lower end of the range and converting it to White table sugar.  (lower end of the range b/c I live at altitude and it has more apparent carbonation, and white sugar b/c that's what I can get).

Thanks for your help!
Tim

These settings are for Corn Sugar not Table sugar.
Oktoberfest/Marzen 2.2-2.8 Volumes is the range. For 2.2 Volumes use 3.73oz at 72F, and for 2.8 Volumes use 5.33oz at 72F
Oatmeal Stout 1.9-2.5 Volumes. For 1.9 Volumes use 2.92oz at 72F, and for 2.5 Volumes use 4.53oz at 72F.

I have heard that you need more table sugar if you use that as a substitute. So if you stay on the high side, you should be fine.

Sorry to hear about your loss! Hope they catch who did this!

Cheers
Preston

Back