• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

transfering my recipes off my computer to my netbook

S

strohs

How do i transfer my recipes to my net book. Tried dropbox but they wouldn't open. My pc has XP my net book windows7

To move to a new computer, simply download the latest version from our web site and install BeerSmith on your new computer.

You can retrieve your key from your old computer by going to the "Enter Registration Key" command on the Help menu.

To move over your recipes or other data, go to your old PC and export anything you want (such as all of your recipes) to a BSM file using the Export command from the File menu.  You can do this from My Recipes view or any of the Hops, Grains, other views depending on what you wish to export.

On the new PC just use the Import and Merge into the appropriate view to import the BSM files you saved from your old computer.

Cheers,
Brad

strohs said:
How do i transfer my recipes to my net book. Tried dropbox but they wouldn't open. My pc has XP my net book windows7

Tip which is provided regarding BSM File is good one. But first of all keep any eye on the description of BSM file.Basically A file with the BSM file extension is a SQLMatcher Project file. You could open it easily to double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. If no program opens the BSM file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view and/or edit BSM files.

Back