• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sharing the Recipe Database for Laptop and Desktop?

C

CharlesBoyer

Brad,

I have Beersmith on both my desktop and latop computers -- the desktop is my main machine that I like to keep everything on, the laptop, I use it mainly around the house and outside when I am brewing.

Anyway, I'd like to have a common Db for both instances of the program such that I could create and edit recipes on the desktop and see those changes out on the laptop.  I'm figuring the easiest way to do that would be to have BS put my files onto a common networked share like a mapped drive, but I can't figure out how to accomplish that within your app.  Is there a way to do this?  Exporting and importing manually will work, of course, but I would prefer something a little more elegant if the app supports it.

Thanks!

I would like this as well. Will the software do this? Thanks

I am testing a program by the name of dropbox I plan to save files in there and see if it works.  I use dropbox on my phone computer and desktop this is cloud computing at its finest  :D

I just downloaded Dropbox as well.  Any luck with this?  I wonder if it would be possible to install the entire program into the dropbox folder and run it from there.
I'm in the same situation where I have a desktop and laptop that I'd like to be able to review stuff from.

ppsundbe said:
I'm in the same situation where I have a desktop and laptop that I'd like to be able to review stuff from.

+1  I use my desktop in the basement where I ferment and my laptop outside when I brew.  It would be great to have a common database, I'd love to install Brewsmith on both computers and save running back upstairs because I forgot my laptop and want to record fermentation notes  and gravity checks.

Back