• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Oregon Fruit Puree calculations

S

sw

Brad,

Any chance of getting an addition to the ingredients list for Oregon Fruit Puree products? I think they affect the final OG enough that it should be calculated somewhere.

Thanks and I'm anticipating the new version...when is it coming out?

It depends on which puree you are using, as they each have a different color.

However, the last time I used some Cherry puree, I entered it as a liquid extract with a potential of about 1.036 and a color of 12 (its pretty dark stuff).  I also checked the "add after boil" box since this is usually added in the secondary.

The purees are highly fermentable, and they add a lot of alcohol content to the beer - so you do need to balance that when you brew.

I've made great progress on the new version of BeerSmith in the last few weeks, and I'm hoping to have an early beta version out in the next few weeks, but we are still some time away from a release.  The new report and export options along with the XML capability have taken a lot longer to implement than I had hoped.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Cheers,
Brad

Back