• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Bags: A new item.

CR

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I picked up some really cheap but very well made super fine polyester mesh bags at the Grocery  a week or two ago.  They came three to a  pack for like Two bucks
This recent brew day I used 'em.

I really liked 'em  One bag easily holds 2 ounces of hops with plenty of circulation room.  There's a little drawstring that I was able to wrap around the end of the bag so I didn't get hop debris in the wort.

I have used woman's nylons, Paint strainers, and laundry bags.  I think I like these little things best and they are sturdy as hell.  They were particularly w easy to get out when I put the immersion  heat exchanger in. I snagged 'em one at a time with a pair of tongs and rolled the tongs  wrap them up and press 'em against the wall of the BK to squeeze the wort out of the bag.  They are tough enough that there was no sense of maybe ripping the bag from rough treatment.

Clean up was easy. Turn 'em inside out and rinse  in Oxy Free and water and then Star San.

Manufacturer is www.earthwisebags.com  SBU number 14450017477.  I was not able to find these same bags on their web site.  But I got 'em in the veggie section of the grocery.
They are made in China.
but you can ask them who in your area is carrying 'em:
Steven Batzofin
2819 Burton Ave.
Burbank, CA 91504
p. 818-847-2174 ext. 304
f. 818-847-9681
Email: stevenb@earthwisebags.com

Back