• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

The automated brewery

B

brewzoo

Hi All,

I would like to suggest a brewing topic of 'Brew Automation' or 'Brew Technology'.

There are many articles out there about creating your own automated system using PIDs, PLCs, solinods, etc. I would like to find out if any of the BeerSmith crew has used or implemented any of these things, how they did it and where the best place to purchase such equipment.

Maybe in the future BeerSmith recipes can be designed to take control of our PLCs and run the brewery with just a click of the mouse. (that would be cool)

I think that most homebrewers are inovative by nature and this seems to be the next step in the brewing life cycle.

Thanks Brad!
BrewZoo

Brewzoo,
 I think this is a good idea.  Why don't you start by creating a discussion thread under the "All Grain/Advanced" board.

If there is sufficient interest in the initial thread I would be happy to create a separate discussion board later for it.

Cheers!
Brad

Back