• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Specs for Blichmann Boilermaker

aleman1949

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the Blichmann Boilermaker pots weigh?  Specifically, I'm looking for the 20 gal version.  One of the variables for setting up your equipment in Brew Smith is the material and weight of the mash tun to determine amount/temp of the mash water.  I thought about using my bathroom scale, but, sadly, me and the pot would exceed its capacity.  This information is not on the Blichmann web site.  I'm sure I could check with them, but thought I'd try the group first.

Thanks.

For reference, my 10G is 9lb. 

You could rest the kettle on a bucket so you can see the display and tare for that by weighing the bucket separately.

Your grain scale may also be able to weigh it.  Probably under 14lb per the specs at http://www.blichmannengineering.com/boilermaker/boilermaker.html.

I have emailed Blichmann and gotten a response from the owner in real time.  try that, and maybe suggest that they put a Beersmith profile for each kettle out there.

Sorry I could not offer clearer data (for me too as I only have 10G capacity!)

Cheers, Roger

Go to the source.
John@BlichmannEngineering.com
I have found them most informative.

I took the advice and contacted Blichmann directly - got a quick response.  The 20 gallon Boilermaker weighs about 24 lbs.

Can someone please help me out. I need the hight of the measuring from the outside of a Blichmann kettle, The hight of the ball valve from the bottom of the kettle to the center of the valve. Thank you!

Back