• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

PINNED: Submit your best Recipes!

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I know for a fact that the user base is pretty large now and growing!

Submit a few of your recipes to the exchange and share them with your fellow brewers!

I accept recipes in either BeerSmith format or text - just email them to [email protected]

Thanks,
Brad

Absolutely!  

I can always use some more recipes!

Cheers!
Brad

Brad, didn't notice any recipes for a Kolsch in your data base (one of my favorites) so I thought I'd send you mine in case anyone here would like to try it.  I don't have Beersmith, at least not yet, so I'll just try to send you the same info that shows up in the other recipes.  I'll check my recipe stockpiles to see if there are any others that might be of interest as well.

Chris

Chris,
 Just write it out in a text file and email it to me.  I can easily type it in.

Either that - or go to our download page and download a copy of BeerSmith.  The trial is free for 21 days.

Cheers!
Brad

Belgian Strong Ale (AKA Belgian Kick-ASS)
Based on my recollections of a beer I drank a lot of in Brugge Belgium.

20 lbs pale Belgian malt
2 lbs Munich
2 lbs white wheat or carapils
1 lb Caramunich
1 lb Special B (250L)

Mash 1 hour in 8 gals. half hard, half RO water.
Strike temp. 170
Mash temp:  155

Sparge with 7 gals water at 170F to collect at least 12 gallons wort.

Boil 30 mins., then add the following for 60 mins.
1 oz Mt. Hood (4.5 AA)1 oz Hallertauer  (3.4 AA)1 oz East Kent Goldings (6.1AA)

for 15 mins add: 1 oz Tettanger (4.6 AA), 1 oz EKG (6.1AA), 2 tsps. Irish moss, 1 lb amber candi sugar

Wyeast 1388 or White Labs Trappist

Primary fermentation: 6 days @70F
Secondary:  14 days @ 70
I bottled half, and put half in a Corny keg with 1/3 cup corn sugar.  The bottles I put in a 70F closet to age for two or three months.  The keg I left at room temp for a week and then put in a fridge at 40F to age for two or three months

OG 1.072
FG   1.018
This is my signauture housebeer.  I almost always have it on tap.

Back