• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Things Id like to see

gordvan

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have been tweeking my templates for the last month and have a few sugestions

I noticed that the $mash _steps and $ingredients tags do not scale the text

the note field in the hops database is too short.
it cuts off long descriptions, as I would like to have more detail on hop varieties

New tags id like to see:
-separate dough in temperature and volume other than in $mash_steps
-water to grist ratio, this is something I would like to put in my recipe report
-custom tags, I like to keep track of Batch # so I can keep track of how many times I have brewed a recipe
I currently use the assistant brewer tag for this info, but that's a little sloppy
adding a tag like:  custom1 or user1 , custom2, user2

i have not been using the calendar view, because all recipes show up and not just what I have actually brewed
it would be nice if this was only populated from the items in the brew log folder

I am in the process of converting all my brewing to metric and would like to be able to report in multiple units
ie: 5kg (11.02 lbs)    67.2 C (173 F)  this is probably not as important to me as the others.

I am also attaching my brew log template I have created
I created a brew log in excel many years ago that I have been using since I started all grain brewing
now I just added tags and publish it as htm it works fantastically. (the ability to do this is why I switched from pro mash)

Attachments

• -Brew Log.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 302
  • -Brew Log.htm
    46.1 KB · Views: 283
gordvan said:
-custom tags, I like to keep track of Batch # so I can keep track of how many times I have brewed a recipe
I currently use the assistant brewer tag for this info, but that's a little sloppy adding a tag like:   custom1 or user1 , custom2, user2

A way to do this is with different titles:

9D Irish Red v1
9D Irish Red v2
9D Irish Red v3

I also change the titles of my recipes, but would also like to track the dates I've brewed a single recipe in the recipe view.  Especially if I don't change the recipe.  I've started using the notes field.

Back