• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hitting my final gravity

dabeer

Brewer
Reaction score
Fermentation went crazy, came out the top, etc. Went for about 2 days, and then nothing.  Can I take a sanitized spoon and stir up the yeast to see if I can get a little more fermentation to help hit final gravity or should I just leave it alone for a while.  It have been 7 days from beginning of action.

Fermentation is probably complete. I goes fast sometimes. Leave it alone for a couple more weeks and then bottle. Your oxygen and nutrients are used up. Good Luck.

dabeer said:
Fermentation went crazy, came out the top, etc. Went for about 2 days, and then nothing.  Can I take a sanitized spoon and stir up the yeast to see if I can get a little more fermentation to help hit final gravity or should I just leave it alone for a while.  It have been 7 days from beginning of action.

What was the original gravity?  What is the current gravity?  What was your grain bill?  What temp did you mash at?  What yeast did you use?  Answer a couple of those.....at least the gravities....and we should be able to help you out.

Back