• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Duplicate recipes

K

Kevin Newton

I have just downloaded the program and am trialing it.  

I imported the recipes that were on line but now I have duplicate recipes.  Is there a tool to remove or combine the recipes?

I also somhow added a recipe icon and group called untitled just below the beer smith tree heiarchy.  I don't know how to delete it.  Is it possible?

Hi,
 You can delete the duplicates by just selecting them (hold down the control key while selecting to select multiple items) and then press the delete key (or the bix X delete icon).

There is an option called "Import and Merge" on the File menu that lets you import new stuff but merges changes to existing items.  If you use this to import your recipes it should help elimintate duplicates as well.

Finally - the Untitled item is a scratchpad area for importing and exporting sets of items.  For a full description read this FAQ:
 http://beersmith.com/what_is_untitled_entry_for.htm

Cheers!
Brad

Back