• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sake or Rice Beer

B

Brew Daddy 723

Anyone have a good sake or rice beer recipe that they have made. I've been considering the sake kit on Midwest, but have been hesitant to pull the trigger. Their kit says to use citric acid and/or hops. The thought came right to mind that Sorachi Ace could be interesting. Has anyone used any hops in their sake? Thoughts on Sorachi Ace?

I just bought two kits from Beer, Beer, & More Beer.  The kits are all inclusive and require nothing more than adding water at the correct temperature. The instructions suggest a finer sake will be made by adding the contents of 1/2 the second package two days after the initial start and the remaining half the following day. I ordered one kit, read the instructions then ordered the second kit which I am awaiting. Once I have the second kit, I will commence making sake for my first time. I have high expectations and will report my results.

Back