• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ten gallon igloos

econolinevan

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have invested in two ten gallon igloos. Ive done numerous all grain brews using one as a hlt and the other as my mash tun.  I noticed a while back, my hlt had started to have some issues with the inside liner buckleing up.  Due no doubt to the 170 degree water I put in it to sparge with.  Recently the MT has started to do the same and this weekend I noticed both coolers were starting to crack in the bukled up areas.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm not sure I can take them back as I no longer have the reciept and I have modified them with ball valves and I recently put a hole thru the lid of MT for fly sparger.  Not even sure I need to worry about bacteria as everything coming out of these gets boiled.  But  I thought it best to get input from the masses.

BB

Thanks for the prediction of the future.  Mine have the buckle in them, but haven't cracked yet.  I doubt you should take them back even if you find the receipt because they definitely aren't meant to hold 170 degree water.

I always like watching the inner lining of my Igloo HLT actually rise up 1/4" out of the body of the cooler and the (I assume) sprayfoam inside.

Back