• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All Grain Pack 1 and 2 problems

B

Brinker

I am having difficulties after I uploaded the All Grain Packs 1 and 2.  When I save to BeerSmith using drag and drop it places the file above the views icon and below the BeerSmith icon replacing the Scratchpad.  When I copy I am not able to paste in the folder I would like and again it is pasted above the views icon and below the BeerSmith icon.  When I attempt to paste another All Grain Pack it replaces the first in the aforementioned location as well and finally when I exit BeerSmith the All Grain Packs are not present when I open the program again. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know if this is exactly how you are now to add and save new items/files to BeerSmith but it resolved my particular issue. I have yet to read anywhere contrary though, so please correct me if I am wrong. 

If the only location the file you downloaded will currently be located is the where the Scratchpad is located, open that file and individually drag and drop to the file(s) you would like it located.  For example I needed Cargill Grain in one of my recipes so I opened it from BeerSmith (it once again replaced the Scratchpad) and I then placed all those grains into the grain folder.  When logging out of BeerSmith and then back in, the Scratchpad will then reappear. 

Again, maybe this is common knowledge so forgive for my ignorance if this is the case.

Back