• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew in a Bag profile - adding to BrewSmith

jvanwest

Apprentice
Reaction score
Will you be doing an update to put in an option for Brew in A Bag method?  I know that it can be an all grain or partial mash but it might be helpful in being able to convert from one method to another and to BIAB.  Just a thought.  I haven't tried BIAB yet but plan on it soon.

Thanks,
  I'm looking at this as an option for future versions.  I know some people have adapted their equipment and mash profiles to do this already, but it could be made easier with soms program modifications in the mash calculations.

I'm not sure it will make it into the 2.0 release, but I hope to have an update shortly after with better BIAB support.

Brad

Programming daily on BeerSmith now - its my full time job.  Still a few months to go though.

I would love to hear from BIAB brewers - how could I best integrate BIAB into the existing mash/sparge system?

It will be excellent to have this added Brad.

I'll email you later today with the efficiency and volume figures we have been using in the basic BIAB spreadsheet. They were collected from around 20 BIAB brewers over several brews and have been working very well.

Great to hear you are full-time programming now too.

Cheers,
Pat

Back