• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My first AG. Inspired by BS

Ziggybrew

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
After 15 to 20 Extract brews, here is my first AG try. I had only a slight clue what I was doing. Can't wait to taste it. Let me know if this should turn out ok. Also... what kind of style is this??? I couldn't guess correctly for BS to be happy with the style

Attachments

• 1AG.bsm
    13.4 KB · Views: 246
Ziggybrew said:
After 15 to 20 Extract brews, here is my first AG try. I had only a slight clue what I was doing. Can't wait to taste it. Let me know if this should turn out ok. Also... what kind of style is this??? I couldn't guess correctly for BS to be happy with the style
Hi Ziggy
I would be interested to hear how it turns out!

As for the style, it fits into the (16D) Biere de Garde ( A fairly strong, malt-accentuated, lagered traditional artisanal farmhouse beer) category very well. This however would be dependent on your fermentation temps and how close to nailing your Mash profile you came. If you were diligent on the fermentation temps it should be very good. I would caution you on tasting it when it is green. Big Beers (IMO anything over 1.060) need time to mellow and meld all the flavors together. 90 days in a cool dark place should help. Even better would be in a fridge around 32deg F (Cold Conditioning) for the same time frame.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers
Preston

Back