• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

carbonation problem

Simie

Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings, I have a chest freezer with temp controller and 4 taps. I pressurize at about 8 psi. My 3/16 in beer lines are 5 feet long. Why would the Kolsch and the lagers come out half foam, but the pale ales come out perfect????? I'm stumped??

Simie

Simie,

Here is a link that will help you. save the link it has good information and a few charts to print and keep.
http://www.franklinbrew.org/brewinfo/balance.html        It helped me a lot getting my kegarator set up. It does take time to balance out.

One thing that I sometimes forget. I charge at 30 lbs for a few days before changing to my regular serving pressure (8 lbs?). I should let the pressure out of the keg before I put it on line but I sometimes forget. That corny keg is still at 30 lbs until l let off the pressure so it foams until I pull the release valve.

Back