• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ability to change units per recipe

merc1

Apprentice
Reaction score
After using BeerSmith for a bit now I really see the need to be able to change the units per individual recipe.  When working with smaller test batches, I find myself having to go into options, change the units (from LB to Oz, etc) and then changing it back after I am done with the recipe.  Sorry if this feature has already been suggested.  Thanks!

I agree.  I am constantly having to convert oz to lbs and then go back to the ingredient to enter the decimal lbs.

I do most of my hops in grams but grains in lbs/oz.  It would be nice to allow either and convert to the default measurements.

Jomebrew

I just tested and found that if you enter grams in an lbs box, it will convert for you when you leave the field or save.  very handy. 

For example, when adding a grain add the weight in kg or grams.  Just enter "100g" or "6kg" and it will convert to the imperial measurement automatically.

Thanks!

Back