• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Tun Weight for Mash Profiles

D

Danno6102

How do I get the already saved Mash Profiles to read my Mash Tun weight to figure the infusion water temps. I looked all over & even in the help, but could find nothing. If I use the"Strike/Infusion Temp" tool, I get different numbers because I can type in the Tun weight there. In short creating an inaccurate recipe when printed. So, how do I get the mash profiles to read the same as the Strike/Infusion Temp tool?

I know, it's probably staring me right in the face.

Thanks, Danno

If I understand you correctly, what you need to do is either create a new equipment profile or alter/edit an existing one. Mash profiles are dependent on the equipment profile for temperature and volume calculations. Under "Views" select "Equipment" and from there you can either modify one of the existing equipment setups or create your own. Then, when you create a recipe, use that equipment profile before applying the mash profile. The temperatures should then reflect your setup.

Brad, if I'm way off base, please correct! :D

I tried altering the quipment profile, but it didn't help. I was checking to see if it worked in an existing recipe. I'll try it with a new recipe tonight to see if it works.

thanks,
Danno

Hmmm...
 Another possibility:

Make sure the "Adjust temp for equipment" box is set in the mash section of the recipe.

Brad

Not sure what I did, but it's close now. At most 1 degree off. I was messing with the Tun weight on the calculator & messing with the Spec Heat Value on my equipment, but I put them back to where they were & now it's pretty darn close.

thanks for your help.

Back