• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith mash profile question

mmmbeeer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to AG, and a little confused setting up my mash profile in Beersmith.  I'm doing a batch sparge with no mash out.  Not sure whether to use "single infusion, medium body, batch sparge" or "single infusion, medium body, no mash out".  In the details they appear to be the same, but they must differ in some way.  Any advice?  Thanks.

There are lots of pre-loaded mash profiles, but you can also edit them to fit your process. 

XXX infusion indicates the number of mash steps you will use - single is most common

YYY body (I think) is related to mash temps (higher mash, more dextrins, more body)

"no mash out" or not, indicates your intention to raise the mash temp to ~168, or not, before sparging
.........if you do, then you get a step there to choose infusion or direct heat, your choice.

Back