• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fermentation for Bock style beers in beersmith

crimsonwine

Apprentice
Reaction score
I made a Bock recipe in Beersmith in the style of 5B Traditional Bock and it says to ferment for 4 days at 68F (single stage)...I thought you were suppose to ferment at around low 50's for Bock style beers?  How does beersmith determine fermentation? other than single, two, and three stage?

Hi,
  You can set the temperature for fermentation stages in the recipe to whatever you want - see the "fermentation" section of the recipes.  I don't have preset profiles in the program now but I'm seriously considering allowing aging profiles for different beer types in the new version I'm working on.

Brad

Thanks for the feedback....

Yes it would be nice to add a "recommended fermentation temp" based on profile...or what wort temp to pitch the yeast....

I am new to brewing and love the program! I am brewing my third beer and I used Beersmith to create my first recipe which I am brewing today.  I love how "Beersmith" guides you with the brewsheet...

:)

Back