• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bug in custom XML template export in 1.4?

ERock101

Apprentice
Reaction score
I could just be doing something wrong here, but I can't figure this out.  It seems that in BeerSmith 1.4 if you use a recipe export template with a .xml file extension it just uses the default BeerXML template.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new text file with one line that says "$NAME" and save this file as "TestExport.xml"
2) Add this file to BeerSmith as a custom recipe report.
3) Right click on a recipe in BeerSmith and choose Export As.  Select Test Export from the custom report dropdown, enter a file name, and export the recipe.
4) Open the exported file in a text editor.

Expected Results:
There is one line in the file that is the name of the recipe you exported.

Actual Results:
The recipe was exported using the default BeerXML template.

This bug makes it so that you cannot create any custom templates ending in .xml.  Has anyone else run into this?

Hi,
  Yes, I believe I did hardcode the XML export to support BeerXML largely because it uses many templates that are embedded (i.e. ingredients for example).

You could export as HTML and then just rename the extension perhaps?

Brad

Ahh OK.  Yes, I can just rename the file.  It's no big deal.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

- Eric

Back