• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

where are recipices saved at

lkha

Apprentice
Reaction score
after making new recipe and using the save as button where are they saved at I have lost multiple recipes  thanks in advance

I think it varies by your OS (XP, Win 7, etc.).

On mine, all recipes are in a single database file called recipe.bsm, in the BeerSmith folder.

I'm also having the issue of my recipes disappearing after I do a save as.  I will do a base recipe in my wish list folder.  I will then customize it for the current brew and do save as and rename it in my made recipes folder.  They are there for a while and then disappear.  I've done a browse and a search for the new names and they are no where to be found.

One recipe was there for a month and then went missing.  Another one for a couple of weeks.  An another one was gone the next day.  and they disappeared at different times, not all at once.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Each time I've upgraded my OS I always saved everything in windows.old and each time I reloaded BeerSmith and opened the old recipe file all my recipes have disappeared.  Is there an upgrade to fix this so that I don't always lose my recipes?

I thought it was strange that this latest time when I upgraded from Vista32 to Windows 7 64bit that the date on my old recipe file was July last year when in fact the last recipe I did was in November.

I'm running Windows Vista and can't find where the recipes are filed.  I have NO recipe.bsm  file/folder that search can find. ???????????????

Back