• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Temps off from HLT to Mash Tun. Checked adjust temp , and still off.

I've been off each week on my strike temps, I've done a few brews and am consistently off on my temp

• Software is off

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Temps outside are off

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Beer 4 Breakfast

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to use Beersmith to do my recipes so one recipe the strike temp was totally off. Then I checked the checkbox for adjust temp for equipment. The strike was right on after that. But now doing 2 or 3 step mashes everything is all off. Where do you change grain temps??? I can't seem to find where that happens.  Stainless welding and Machining also available in Los Angeles. www.metalmetalmetal.com

You can change the grain temp under "Mash Profile". I keep my mash tun and grain in the same storage room. I check the room temp and make the adjustment right before I mash. Good luck!

You don't say what type of system you are using, so I have to use mine as an example. You must account for water under your grain bed if you use a false bottom. I use about 1.25 qt/lb grain to water ratio in my brewing calcs, but to get an accurate strike temp I have to add the dead space water to mash water to get an accurate strike. The mash still behaves like 1.25 qt/gal even though the additional water (1.2 gal) bumps the ratio closer to 1.5 qt/lb.

Back