• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding a New Style

switzead

Brewer
Reaction score
I am trying to add a Cascadian Dark IPA beer to the style list, but when I get done typing in all the info and click ok, it wont show up in the list.  I cant get any new styles added to the list.  I have tried to duplicate an existing style but as soon as I make a change, it too disappears.  Any thoughts, suggestions?

Funny..... I just created the Cascadian Dark Ale with the parameters that are being proposed. Had no problem.

Make sure you are not in a recipe mode. Go to the top left hand pane and choose BEER STYLES.
Then on the toolbar- select NEW STYLE (note- you may have to select or just highlight one of the existing styles to get the NEW STYLE button to activate).
Then create the style and save.

Worked for me.  If you need the proposed guidelines for the Cascasian you can do a search for Cascadian and find my findings. If you have found something different,... PLEASE SHARE! ;D

The trick with adding styles is to make sure the style guide field matches your current style guide (i.e. BJCP 2008) or the style will be hidden.  Only the style guide you currently have selected is displayed.  You can change the current style guide from the Brewing tab in the options dialog.

Brad

Back