• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe Advice

Wildrover

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'd like to brew an APA in the next week or so.  I've attached the recipe.  I based this recipe on an award winning recipe I found in the database found at http://beer.tzo.com/beer/asp/recipe.asp.  Anyway, I made some modifications based on what I have avaiable.  The original recipe calls for equal parts crystal 30 and crystal 60.  I have neither so I decided to substitute equal parts crystal 20 and 80.  My question has to do with the addition of some munich.  I got the "A Year of Beer" book for x-mas and have looked at the winning recipes and a lot of the award winning pale ales have Munich in them.  What say you?  How much?  Would you?  etc.  I do have Munich on hand by the way.  Also the hopping schedule is slightly different in that I plan to dry hop with Citra, not Cascade.  Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Fenderlip.bsm
    13 KB · Views: 6
I add Munich in many of mine.  Five to ten percent and often around seven percent. 

Citra is s good choice for dry hopping to get that floral, tropical, citrus aroma.  It is a lower cohumulone hop for a milder bittering profile.  It also stores well.  better than cascades.  I think we have to expect to pay more since it is a proprietary brand.

Back