• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Biscuit vs. Victory Malt

Victory is supposed to give a more nutty taste while being very similar to Biscuit Malt. I think V adds an orange color highlight too.

I've used both and liked both. However, I have not actually compared them side by side with the same recipe. I would guess the difference is a minor preference. The combination of Victory and Honey Malt was awesome though.

I'm trying to figure out what is best for an American Amber.  I think I'm leaning toward Victory.  My last amber I made with biscuit and it just wasn't quite as good as the one I made before with actual amber malt.  it was still good but just lacked that Wow factor.  I also made another substitution that is slipping my mind at the moment, I'll have to wait till I get home to see but I think it had something to do with subbing something for extra dark crystal (I think it was special B).  Again, not sure what made the difference in flavor between the two ambers

Back