• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing Promash Recipes

T

Triple_Freak

What's the deal with importing Promash recipes?
I get a message that I need to update before I can do so. I just paid for, and downloaded the latest version of your program.

I'm a bit confused?  As far as I know there is no facility to import Promash recipes directly into BeerSmith.

Their program uses a propietary format that they have not released to the public.

If you are getting a message to upgrade, it is probably because BeerSmith checks a version number embedded in the file when loading.  Most likely the other file format (being unrecognized) comes up with an invalid number - thus the error message when loading.

Cheers!
Brad

gee that would be a great new feature maybe you could export out of pro mash to text then import to beersmith

sintax

I have not seriously looked at importing a text file, but it might work.  

We do have a new BeerXML (XML based) exchange format that I have been working on with some other software authors.  The document should be released very shortly, but it may be some time before other programs fully implement it.

The next update of BeerSmith will support import and export of BeerXML files, as well as support for exporting custom reports, including text and HTML reports.  

Importing proprietary XML and text formats is a distinct possibility - though it will probably have to wait for another update.

Cheers!
Brad

I'm shooting for the end of October, though there are still some minor bugs to work out.  So far the beta reviews have been very positive.

It will be a free upgrade for all registered users.

I will begin posting details on the main web page in the next few days.

Cheers!
Brad

Back