• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Re: Grain Mills

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Dave,
 Just my opinion, but I think the "Barley Crusher" is a great deal if you want a dual roller, all in one adjustable grain mill that is reasonably priced.

http://barleycrusher.com/

Cheers!
Brad

I can also attest to the Barley Crusher, I run mine with my cordless drill.  Great crush at a great price.  I've probably run about 500lbs of grain through mine with no problems at all.

EXCELLENT!!!  The Barley Crusher is the one.  I'll tell my darling wife (my finance manager)...Thanks guys!

I own 2 mills. One is a Corona that I still use for wheat & rye. The other is a JSP Malt Mill that I motorized.
It's ground about 3 tons of grain so far, with no signs of wear at all. (I grind grains for the members of my homebrew club for free.)

I've got a Crankandstein. This mill has been great. Only drawback is that is comes 'bare-bones', meaning you have to build your own stand and hopper.

You really can't go wrong with any dual-roller adjustable-gap mill you buy -- and whoever you ask is always going to recommend the mill they own. A homebrewer, in his lifetime, will never crush enough grain to wear one of these thing out.

So, go with one familiar names, Barley Crusher, Valley Mill, Crankandstein or whatever, and you'll be set.

-L

I have a Valley Mill from Canada. I hooked up a 1\2 HP. motor and crush about 33 Lbs in 4 minutes. It has very easy adjustments for grain size and a nice 6 lb. hopper. You can get it delivered for $179 :eek:
  Keep Brewing! :)

I have to chuck my vote for the BarleyCrusher! I really like mine!

Spoon

Thanks to all of you for your assistance on the selection...the verdict is in
the Barley Crusher wins !!!  ;D ;D

Back