• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BuckWheat color

bulipunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planing to make Buckwheat beer and wondering if anybody knows about BH extract color? Any - EBC or SRM. Just want to fix it in my grains in Beer smith. Mayby you know a sugar potential as well? Would be helpful.

Regards,
Michal

I have no idea about color but am interested in how the beer turns out.  I did some research a while ago about gluten free beers but never brewed any.

Hi again,
I thought on the beginning to make a beer using 7 deferent grains like Barley, Wheat, Oats, Ray, Buckwheat and maybe rice or corn...
But now I think to go forward and make Full buckwheat beer. I've read some stores on our polish home brewers forum about a try of such beer... They were mashing BH and Millet malts for 14hours! Probably there was not enough enzymes in own made malt... But final was pretty good as I've read (I attach picture of this beer downloaded form www.browar.biz forum, made by artur2 ).

Plan is to make mixed grain beer first (using BuckWheat unmalted) and if there will be some good (read "drinkable") results I will try to malt BH and Millet so we would get gluten free beer.

Anybody made it before? Was it strong? Need some sugar as adjustment? Maybe its dark? or maybe it's pretty light?

Thanks for help!

MICHAL

A... Forgot about picture :)

Attachments

• bezgluten.jpg
    bezgluten.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 486
Hi guys,

this topic started 5 years ago, are you still active? :p

I am very interested about this buckwheat beer. I tried to prepare it many times but there was never buckwheat-specific aroma. Did anyone solved this problem? In my case, yeast-derived flavor always prevailed. Anyone ever tried pre-extraction of buckwheat and then addition of such extract after fermentation?

I just want real buckwheat tasting beer, any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

Back