• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timers

McCaffrey Brewing

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would love it if you added some timers to Beer Smith.

Mash timer with alarms for infusions and/or temp rests
Boil timer with alarms for a hop schedule.

Thanks,

Daniel
McCaffrey Brewing

I would like to take it another step from just having timers.  I would like to have a brew session recorder that it tied into the recipe so you have a time stamp for each step.  Currently I manually record the time for each step in the process so that I can attempt to repeat the process on the next batch of the same recipe.  My vision of a brew session recorder would look like a check list of the steps required for a given recipe with a "Button" that you would click with the mouse to record the time that each step was started.  Then each brew session could be saved and reviewed against other batches of the same brew, or allow you to experiment with different Mash/hop schedules and have an accurate record of the changes.  Of course you would also have timers telling you when adjust Mash or add hops.

I like both of these suggestions.
It would be even more valuable if it could be included on the mobile version also.
Track and record your session on your I-Phone or 'droid right in the brew room?    Priceless!

Back