• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calendar Bugs (2)

sbbish

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I haven't found either of these bugs previously reported in the forums.

Bug#1: The calendar only shows 5 rows. If the month runs longer than that, you don't get to see the end of the month. For example, look at January of this year (2011). January 1st starts on a Saturday, which appears on the first row in the Calendar. The next four rows of the calendar take you through Saturday, January 29th. But January 30th and 31st don't show up at all. You have to go to the February calendar month in order to see the last days of January. This problem happens again in July and October of this year. I realize this only occurs on certain occasions and depends on how the month falls, but it is frustrating not to be able to see the entire month when you are on that month's calendar view.

Bug#2: When the year starts over, any brewing data on the calendar from the previous year disappears. I brewed a beer in December 2010. The calendar showed it would sit in Primary and then Secondary on into January. But when the new year arrived, all the data vanished. The calendar no longer shows me when the beer was scheduled to finish Secondary. If I go back to December to see when I brewed it, that data is gone, too. In fact, all of my brewing schedules from the previous year are gone. I can't go look at the calendar to see what I brewed during a specific month last year. Yes, the information is still stored with the individual recipes, but if I'm going to have to open each individual recipe and then calculate dates from that, then the calendar is not providing me much use.

Thanks.

Okay, you can scratch Bug#2. There is no bug, only user error.

I break my Brew Log into sub-folders based on year. I create a folder within the Brew Log at the end of 2009, and all beers I brewed that year got moved from the Brew Log into the 2009 folder. Same with 2010 brews getting moved into the 2010 folder once the year 2011 started. Since the calendar only shows stuff actually in the Brew Log main folder, it didn't pick up the stuff in the 2009 and 2010 sub-folders. It might be a nice feature if the Calendar would pick up info from stuff stored in sub-folders of the Brew Log, but that's a separate issue. If I move the recipes out of the year sub-folder and back into the main Brew Log, the Calendar picks up the data again.

So that answers that.

Back