• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All the Spam

MikeinWA

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have been a member of a few forums and they get the occasional spam but it really seems this forum gets hammered.  It's not really annoying. In fact, I find it entertaing.  I never knew I could come to a beer forum and end up with links to pakastani wedding dresses, bankruptcy attorney, jewelry and much much more!

Maybe beersmith should go on the home shopping network ;)

We do our best to clean it up, but unfortunately it is an almost daily occurrence.  If anyone wants to volunteer to help moderate that would be great.  Also if you use the "Report a post" one of the moderators will usually get to it very quickly.

I've already put just about every automated tool I can in place, but ultimately you can't stop someone who wants to make a new account and then start posting stuff.

Brad

I would be happy to help.  I've moderated and created several forums.

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining.  I realize it is a never ending battle.  I am just amazed that these people think this kind of advertisement would work.

No worries, if I miss something, just shoot me a private message and I'll get on it.  I check the forums pretty much every day but don't check all topic areas.

Also "Report to moderator" works well, I get an email about the post.

Hey, I have 5 pages of attempts since yesterday, still trying, from a spammer I banned yesterday.

Back