• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer smith keeps crashing on 4th fresh reinstal

Fish

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Ok I have had to re install 4 times now.
I am using windows 7 64 bit Pro.  I have set up a couple of recipes (the same ones four times now).  I then go to open Beersmith a few days or a week or so later and get an error that there is problem and windows searches for a solution then beer smith fails to open. 

It worked fine when under the free trial but as soon as I paid these problems began.  Is there an update to fix this problem.  Getting very very very very frustrated.

Thanks

Fish,
 I honestly have not seen this type of problem before, but my quick suggestion would be to save your data off (use the Export command to export your recipes to a BSM file)  -- then reinstall the program but this time install it to a directory under your main user's "Documents" directory - for example "C:\Users\USER_NAME\My Documents\BeerSmith" where USER_NAME is the one you regularly log in to.

Then run the program as usual and import your recipes back in.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit here on several machines with no problems.

Thanks,
Brad

Back