• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sesame Seed

tmc32

Brewer
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any recipes that use Sesame Seed in a brew, or any experience using sesame seed?

I am trying to decide on a brew for late spring / early summer, and am considering a lighter style beer for hot summer days.
As one who enjoys cooking and eating just as much as brewing and drinking, I have always appreciated how sesame can add interest to many recipes.  I believe that it could do the same for a spring brew, but have not found any recipes that have used sesame.

Also, I use the BeerSmith program and would be interested in how a new ingredient could be added and how to determine the qualities of that ingredient.

I would be interested in any information or advice.

If you really want to spice up your brewing (as I do), you should read Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher.  I loved that book.  I see he also has a website by the same name.  I'm going to go check it out now.

Back